We have an amazing opportunity to have our very own home ground.
This will include:
The Community pavilion would consist of two floors
• The ground floor would consist of:
• 4 changing rooms including showers, wash basins and toilets
• 2 officials changing rooms including showers, wash basins and toilets
• Male, female and disabled toilets
• Kitchen • Store room
• Community meeting room • Lift for access to the first floor
• The first floor would consist of:
• Community multi-function room • Store room
• Viewing gallery facing towards the two football pitches
This will all be in a securely fenced location at the rear of Ron Brookes Motors, Ilkeston.
We want to include as many local community partners as is feasibly possible.
We already have many good working relationships with local businesses, many of whom sponsor our club through kits, equipment, etc.
We are also linked to local Charities such as Ben’s Den, Every Last Drop and Ilkeston Round Table.
We are always looking to include local schools in anything we do.
School club partnerships already include Ormiston Ilkeston Academy and Kensington Juniors.
St Thomas RC Primary are soon to be added.
We are also part of the Erewash Schools Sports Partnership.
We have strong links with the local RAF Cadets and Girl Guides.
We do not want to build a football pavilion that sits empty for most of the week.
We want to build a Community Pavilion that can be used most of the week.
It must have the latest energy saving ideas built in: solar panels, rain water capture, etc.
It must be sustainable.
We are hoping to bring a new facility to the area that will be used and enjoyed by the whole community, not just Stanton Ilkeston FC, and that’s what’s driving us forwards to achieve this.
This facility has so many possible uses aside from football,
We envisage the new facility being used by:
• Community Police • Businesses
• Charities • Schools
• Sports clubs • Hospitals
• Local clubs – Dance, OAPs, RAF, Girl Guides, Martial Arts, Knit & Natter, Chess, to name a few.
We envisage the new facility being used for:
• Disability work shops
• Multi sports – Football, Table tennis, Indoor bowls, Archery, Martial Arts
• Family orientated open days • Informal opportunities such as:
• Mars Just Play • Vauxhall mash up
• Team 16, 19, 23 • Young leader development
• Girls Football Festival • SIFC Annual summer tournament
• It could also be turned in to:
- Girls - Centre of excellence - Disability - Centre of excellence
- Development Centre - Football Education venue
- FA Tesco Skills venue - In service events venue
• Functions • Meetings
• Corporate events • Conferences
• Education • Rehabilitation
• Recreation • Charity Events
• Community Events • Presentation Evenings
• Archery • Table tennis
• Football • Indoor bowls
• Martial Arts • Indoor cricket nets
Inevitably such a fantastic facility has a cost implication. But we have had such support from the Derbyshire FA and the FA itself we have secured a huge amount of the project via grants.
The project has a cost of £600,000.
Now as above we have secured some funding for this project with the help of the FA, and we have to raise the rest.
We have to raise 10% that’s all 10% for such a fantastic once in a lifetime opportunity. We need to raise £60,000 and then the community benefits from a £600,000 state of the art facility.
Please look at our fundraising page to see how we are progressing.
Here’s to the future.